Tuesday, July 31, 2007

lazy lunch break

Oh, man. It's been a little while since the last post.

Unfortunately, I won't be addressing any of the promised upcoming posts. But I have been sewing things, reading books, and writing letters.

Today's lunch break was appropriately summery and relaxed - lots of laying around reading, chatting, and drinking coffee. After Sidonie left to work, I got some letter-writing done, on cute thrifted notecards with flowers and birds on them.

One of my latest sewing projects: something actually needed, a place to keep my pens and pencils.

I'm very pleased, and my zipper-installation skills are improving considerably. My first attempt, on a skirt, went less smoothly at first. The skirt and a french press cozy will be posted soon, maybe. Directions for the pouch came from Amy Karol's Bend the Rules Sewing, which I love. Another project (a secret one) from that book is in the works.


Erinnerungen said...

ahhhhh! i'm really glad you guys updated. it's been so long.

also, i'm interested in the secret project. and seeing more pictures/the things in real life.

Mal said...

we're glad we still have a reader! one that isn't our parents, i mean.

(kidding, mom)

you might even be getting a little birdy in the mail!

love, mal